IHAF is committed to providing a safe, comfortable environment for all those joining us in Boston on November 9-10. Below, please find the protocol we are putting in place to support your health and wellbeing while attending our event. We ask that you respect these practices when we gather as an in-person community.
To attend the IHAF Conference & Awards in person, we require all attendees to either:
- Be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination. (People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine such as the Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine.)
- Provide proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of the start of the event. Test results must be dated November 6, 2021 or later.
The IHAF team will collect this information from all in-person registrants digitally and securely in advance of our November 9 event date.
At present, the city of Boston requires indoor masking. If this mandate is still in effect at the time of our conference, all in-person attendees and staff will be required to wear a mask unless actively eating or drinking. Conference speakers may remove their face covering while they are presenting, as long as they maintain at least six feet of distance from other event attendees.
Hotel Safety & Staff
Our host hotel, the Long Wharf Marriott, has a variety of safety and cleaning protocols in place to enable your experience onsite—both as an event attendee and a hotel guest. You can read more about the property's specific practices here.
As an in-person attendee, here's what you can expect:
- Disposable masks and personal hand sanitizer provided by IHAF
- Color-coded lanyards indicating your comfort level re: personal space, shaking hands, etc.
- Sanitizing stations will be set throughout the event space, provided by Marriott
- Seating in presentation rooms with appropriate distance between individuals
- Meal service separate from our presentation space, with distancing while masks are removed for eating
- Dedicated restrooms for IHAF conference-goers only—not open to the public and/or other hotel guests
Refunds & Cancellations
Attendees may change their ticket type (virtual or in-person registrant) through October 22, 2021. Depending on the change, IHAF will processs either your refund or incremental fee. Refunds are not available after October 22, 2021. To change your ticket type or cancel registration, contact Hollis Gesen at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to attend due to illness or exposure to COVID, please contact Hollis as soon as you are able.
To register for the event, click here.