June 30, 2019
Our In-House Creativity Awards recognize creative excellence among internal agencies across a host of print and digital categories including advertising, annual reports, corporate identity, direct mail, email, mobile devices, packaging, publications, sales collateral, videos and more. This year marks our tenth annual event, with winners announced at the 2019 IHAF Conference & Awards in November as well as on the IHAF website.
Deadline for Entries
All entries must be postmarked no later than June 30, 2019. Late entries will be accepted if postmarked by July 15, 2019 and accompanied by an additional fee. (See Entry Fees.) Entries postmarked after July 15, 2019 will not be accepted.
Any corporate in-house advertising agency or creative services organization may submit work first produced, printed and/or aired between January 1 and December 31, 2018 in the categories named below.
Entry Categories (38 total)
Corporate Communications (5)
Cards, Invitations & Announcements
Creative Collaboration (1)
Work Produced in concert with an external agency/partner
Digital Marketing (5)
Direct Mail (2)
Interior & Architectural
Signage & Banners
Any work produced for an event
Integrated Campaign (2)
Mixed media—minimum of 3 pieces
On a Shoestring (1)
Any work, any format—produced for under $10,000
Publications, Newsletters, Books and Magazines (2)
Sales Collateral (2)
Brochures, Catalogs, Product/Sales Kits
Social Media (2)
Stuff the Client Didn't Pick (1)
Any Work, Any Format
Corporate, Internal Audience
Corporate, External Audience
Immersive Content (VR, AR, MR, 360)
TV & Web, 0:60 or under
TV & Web, over 0:60
Winners will be selected solely on the basis of creativity at the discretion of the judges—a panel of industry veterans including in-house creative directors, no more than one respected external agency creative director, marketing/creative executives, and industry consultants. Winning entries will be determined via a points system based on recorded ballots submitted by the judges. There will be three awards in each category (Gold, Silver and Honorable Mention) and one Best-of-Show winner.
Announcement of Winning Entries
Work will be displayed and winners will be announced at the IHAF Conference & Awards on November 13-14, 2019. This two-day event will be held at the Revere Hotel Boston Common in Boston, MA. Each Gold winner will receive an award trophy with Silver and Honorable Mention winners receiving framed certificates. The Best-of-Show winner will also receive an award trophy. Following the event, winning entries will be posted on the IHAF website.
Entry fees are non-refundable. Entries will not be judged unless full payment is received by the submission deadline.
IHAF Members: $75 per entry
Non-Members: $150 per entry
Mounting Assistance (optional)
IHAF Members: $50 per entry
Non-Members: $100 per entry
Late Entries: Entries postmarked after June 30, 2019 will be assessed a late entry fee of $25 per submission. Entries postmarked after July 15, 2019 will not be accepted.
Entry Process and Requirements
A printable checklist is provided with the steps outlined below.
- Submit and pay for all entries online
- Print and attach tickets to the back of each mounted entry from online submission confirmation email
- Tickets can be found included at the bottom of your confirmation email
- Each ticket includes a unique entry number, category, title and description
- Mount all entries (with the exception of Digital Marketing and Video category entries) to boards that measure 6” x 6” or 14” x 14”, adhering to the guidelines below (as applicable):
- Entries with multiple pages must be inserted into clear acetate pocket mounted to board
- Mount high-resolution image/output for all 3D entries
- Submit no more than 3 boards per entry containing multiple pieces (maximum of 5 for Integrated Campaign entries)
- Include actual sample of any 3D entries, if possible
- Include a USB with two types of electronic files for each entry—a high-resolution file and low-resolution file of the entry (each file should be labeled accordingly): Company_Category_SubCategory_EntryNumber
- In addition, the exterior of the USB should be labeled with your company name
- For video entries, please include one of the approved video file types (listed below) and a hi-res and low-res screenshot to represent the entry.
- For website entries, please include URL/link to website in a word document and a hi-res and low-res screenshot to represent the entry.
All entries must:
- Meet eligibility, deadline and payment requirements
- Be entered in the appropriate category and identified correctly (IHAF reserves the right to reassign entries)
- Conform to the stated submission requirements
- Include both mounted samples and electronic back-up (no exceptions). For entries submitted in the Digital Marketing and/or Video categories, mounted samples are not required though digital files and images are.
Submission and Identification:
All entries must be submitted and paid for online at ihaforum.org/creativityawards, with electronic and hard copies mailed as directed below. After submission(s) and payment(s) are processed, you will receive an email instructing you to print a ticket containing an auto-generated identification number for each entry. For IHAF members, please ensure you are logged in prior to submitting to receive member pricing.
Your printed ticket received via email must be attached to the back, bottom-right corner of each mounted entry (see Mounting) and submitted along with a USB containing an electronic copy of each submission (see Electronic Copies) via Priority Mail or courier (FedEx, UPS, DHL).
Ship entries to:
Ms. Kendra Hickman
In-House Agency Forum
179 Lincoln Street, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02111
Take care in packaging your entries for shipping to ensure they arrive in good condition, as they will be displayed at the IHAF Conference & Awards.
All required entries* must be mounted on appropriately-sized black mat board or the entry will be disqualified. IHAF offers mounting assistance, as requested, for an additional fee (see Entry Fees). Simply indicate that you would like IHAF to do the mounting for you when submitting your entries and payment online. Then send your un-mounted pieces (physical samples, screen shots and/or downsized print-outs) along with electronic copies and entry tickets, as instructed. Your entry ticket(s) will be attached by IHAF during mounting.
*Digital Marketing and Video category entries are not required to be mounted
Board width must measure 0.055" thick with at least a 1” margin on all sides. Boards should measure 6” x 6” or 14” x 14”—no smaller or larger. For materials that exceed the maximum board size, please provide a down-sized printout with a notation regarding the original size of the piece.
Digital Marketing and Video category entries do not require mounted boards for display. For websites, be sure to provide URLs and/or links. For video entries, include MP4, MOV or WMV files–YouTube, Vimeo, or similar links are not acceptable.
Entries with Multiple Pieces:
If your entry contains multiple pieces, a maximum of five images/pieces can be “collaged” together on a single board. If you require more than one board per entry, please indicate the number and sequence of the boards you are submitting by affixing a label to the back bottom-left corner of each board (e.g. “1 of 3,” “2 of 3,” “3 of 3,” etc.). Maximum of 3 boards per entry (maximum of 5 boards for Integrated Campaign entries).
Entries with Multiple Pages:
For multi-page pieces, secure a clear acetate pocket to the board (see Board-Size Requirements) and place your sample in the pocket. Samples must be able to be easily removed from and re-inserted into pockets for judging and display.
Mount high-resolution color output of the piece(s) onto board (see Board-Size Requirements), and send an actual sample of the piece(s).
Submitting Work to Multiple Categories:
Individual elements can be submitted to multiple categories, as appropriate. Submissions must be entered as unique pieces, each with its own board, ticket and corresponding entry fee. Be sure to include a USB with separate digital files for each entry (see Electronic Copies for details on submitting USB containing electronic file of each entry).
All entries must include a USB that contains:
- A high-resolution PDF, JPEG or TIF file (no less than 300 dpi) of each entry. If providing a PDF, please convert all text and outlines.
- A low-resolution file to be used for judging and posting winning work online. Acceptable formats are JPEG and GIF (set to RGB, 72 dpi).
- Each file on USB must be saved/labels as: Company_Category_SubCategory_EntryNumber
IHAF assumes that all entries are original and are the work and property of the entrant, with all rights granted therein. IHAF is not liable for copyright infringement on the part of the entrant and will not engage in copyright disputes. Materials submitted for entry will not be returned.
About the Awards
IHAF's In-House Creativity Awards recognize creative excellence among in-house agencies across a host of print and digital categories including advertising, annual reports, corporate identity, direct mail, email, mobile devices, packaging, publications, sales collateral, videos and more. Winners are announced at the IHAF Conference & Awards in November, as well as on the IHAF website.
For more information, please contact Program Manager, Kendra Hickman, at 617.587.3923 or firstname.lastname@example.org.